Monday, July 14, 2008

TeachersFirst: Wiki Walk-Through

I really like the format of this article. It was very user friendly - the topics on the left, and the description of each on the right. I really love the many, many examples of how a wiki can be used for all curriculum areas at all grade levels. I got some great ideas of how to use a wiki with young learners.


3 comments:

Ms. Malinn said...

Sounds great, I still want to learn more about it. Check out that commentary on the um-laut, it's a great show of how wiki can evolve. It seems that we could just set up our wiki and then watch it grow. That would be a cool thing!

Mrs. Santos said...

I agree, there were some good ideas there. I'm excited about the idea of using some of them, but at the same time I know that I have a long way to go before I can even seriously think about it. I don't even know how to begin setting one up (but I'm sure I will before the end of camp!) Definitely need some practice, then maybe I can start small.

Sarah B said...

Hey Betsy, I read this article as well and thought that it explained how to create a wiki in a easy and systematic way. Don't you think a wiki would be great tool to work on pragmatic language skills with older kids? Cooperative learning skills seem to be key to wiki creating.